Sunday 23 August 2009

Up & Downs




Basically, the conclusion of Saturday's Evans Cycling event is that I need to train more.
Since very early in the event I felt cramps on my legs and this wasn't good news... and as the event progressed I had more and more cramps... so I can't be happy about that.
This was due to my high heart rate, that it was causing loads of lactic acid on my muscles. Actually I was surprised that I maintained such a high heart rate during nearly the whole race, most of the time it was between 150 and 170 with some peaks of 180 bpm. I thought this would be a good signal, meaning that I have a good cardio condition, but it was causing me big problems.
I also think that I pushed harder than I should, cause I said I would take it easy but didn't and you always pay the price for that.
I also said that I wouldn't look at the time... but I did... I finished in 3 hours 32 minutes, which is an average of 11.9 km/h.

The up side of all this is that I had a massive time during the event and I enjoyed a lot, specially the downhills that were a bit technical with some small jumps, but definitely not easy, and I'm happy I didn't had any problem.

As I said at the beginning of the post, conclusion is that I need to keep on working.

No comments:

Post a Comment